Dev Branch is an experimental build that contains bugs and unfinished features. Please read the TESTING NOTES below to get a feel for things in the build that are known to be missing OR broken.
How to get the build
Go to the BETAS tab on the Foxhole Steam Properties window and select "devbranch -".
Select the LOCAL FILES tab and click "Verify Integrity of game files...".
On the "Join War" screen, select "DevBranch" from the drop down at the top left corner of the screen
Please post any bug reports or feedback to the devbranch-bugs channel on Discord. Do not report bugs that are already known issues. Release notes will be updated as new builds are applied to the branch. Thank you!
IMPORTANT: The following release notes are preliminary and in draft form. Some features/changes will change or be omitted before final release.
■ New Modular Structure: Trench Connector
○ A special Trench that automatically joins two nearby Trenches/Bunkers
○ Must be placed between the connection points of two Trenches/Bunkers
■ New Modular Structure: Howitzer Garrison
○ An entrenched Howitzer manned by stationed troops
○ Returns fire against targets that attack connected Bunkers
■ New Modular Structure: Machine Gun Garrison
○ An entrenched machine gun manned by stationed troops
■ New Facility: Storm Cannon - Advanced Rangefinder Facility
○ Extends the Storm Cannon range by 33%
○ Enables firing at targets in other regions ■ Dedicated Logistics text chat channel & tab is now available
■ Facility Efficiency changes
○ Starting Territory affects efficiency
• Reduces the effects of snowballing
○ Tooltip now shows the efficiency conversion rate and the factors that derive it
■ Starter Fuel
○ Vehicles built at the Vehicle Factory now start with 10% fuel
• Reduces the chances of stalling the factory
○ “Low Fuel” warning is shown to help new players
■ Repairing structures built with Shovels cost BMats
○ Fixes exploit that allows Bunkers to be repaired without resources
○ Makes the cost of repairing anything (vehicles/all structures) consistent across the game
■ New water visuals
■ Patchy grass will no longer block forts/causes fast decay
■ Weathered Expanse
○ Updated fog effects with improved visibility and visuals
○ All new environment walls (Weathering Halls) that allow for more player interactivity
■ Tempest Island
○ Main island reconstructed to fix landscape hole issues
○ The Iris made more suitable for water logistics
○ Some towns were relocated for game balance reasons
○ Bridges replaced with Drawbridges freeing up waterways
○ Refinery in Promithiens switched with Factory in Axehead
• This is to balance against Refinery/Factory locations in Fisherman's Row
■ Mooring County
○ Shipyard added to Ogmaran
○ Multiple landings added to the river
■ Light Machine Gun encumberance reduced by 10%
○ To be slightly lighter than the regular MG
■ Storm Rifle encumberance reduced by 25%.
○ To have a more competitive trade-off with the Light Machine Gun
■ Gunboat health increased by 10%
○ Gunboats are being destroyed too easily on average
■ Barge health decreased 10%.
○ Mitigate issue of Barges being used to blockade bridges, which isn't their intended purpose
■ Rifle Garrison (Tier 3) health increased by 12%
○ Makes it more consistent with the new MG Garrison
■ Landing APCs can now run over T2 Trenches
○ Makes it more consistent with other tracked vehicles in the game
■ Updated descriptions of several Trench/Bunker structures
■ Global text chat mute
○ Any player can be muted by right clicking their name in the text chat window
■ ALL chat channel removed
■ Motorcycle is now easier to repair when standing on sloped landscapes
■ AT Rifles can no longer be fired from barges.
Bug Fixes ■ Full bug fix list coming in final release notes