Dev Branch is an experimental build that contains bugs and unfinished features. Please read the TESTING NOTES below to get a feel for things in the build that are known to be missing OR broken.
How to get the build
Go to the BETAS tab on the Foxhole Steam Properties window and select "devbranch -".
Select the LOCAL FILES tab and click "Verify Integrity of game files...".
On the "Join War" screen, select "DevBranch" from the drop down at the top left corner of the screen
Please post any bug reports or feedback to the #devbranch-bugs channel on Discord. Do not report bugs that are already known issues. Release notes will be updated as new builds are applied to the branch. Thank you!
■ Transport Bus
○ A transport vehicle used to shuttle personnel to the front line.
■ Frontier Base
○ A special Forward Base that can only be built near a region border that's adjacent to friendly territory. This structure decays quickly
■ Howitzer Smoke Shell
○ A shell that emits a thick cloud of smoke that lingers for a prolonged period, providing cover for massive infantry pushes. The impact also unleashes a barrage of shrapnel to nearby infantry.
■ Howitzer Green Ash Shell
○ A shell that emits a large amount of lethal gas, poisoning nearby infantry.
■ Artillery Armour Piercing Shell
○ Anti-armour shell that is designed to penetrate heavy armour.
■ Artillery High Explosive Shell
○ Anti-structure shell that detonates a high yield explosive charge on impact.
■ Mortar Shrapnel Shell
○ A shell that explodes into shrapnel on impact, devastating nearby infantry.
■ Mortar Flare Shell
○ A shell that ignites midair and illiminates a large area, revealing enemy targets.
■ Field Artillery now has faction specific variants
■ Field Machine Gun now has faction specific variants
■ Region Zones
○ Regions are now broken up into zones, which allow incursions into neighbouring regions
○ Zone Bases have been added, which must be claimed to own the zone
• Zone Bases are Town Halls or Zone Forts (Border Forts repurposed)
• Zone Forts have different stats from the old Border Forts
■ Deployment System (Replacement for old Spawn System)
○ Travel Screen has been replaced with Deployment Screen
○ Players can deploy to any Zone Base, Frontier Base, or Cargo Ship from the Deployment Screen IF the base has a non-zero Garrison Size
○ Deployment is affected by:
• Garrison Activity - Determined by # of players stationed at a Base
• Garrison Size - Grows at a rate determined by Garrison Activity
■ Production Parts are no longer required to produce vehicles ■ Factory, Ammo Factory, Refinery, and Storage Depots have much larger "use" areas
■ Crate icons now have a subicon that identify the contents within
■ Stockpile UI now shows it's current capacity and limit
■ Hover tooltip now shows the quantity of items contained in a crate
■ Logistics towns (e.g. Lonestone, Weathering Halls) have had their layouts optimized for better traffic flow for logistics drivers
■ Damage from all Shrapnel ammo types now have a 100% chance to cause bleeding
■ Border Forts have been removed
○ These have been repurposed as Zone Bases
■ Home Town mechanic has been removed
○ No more infinite spawns
■ Resistance Camps have been removed
■ Players now always have a 3 second invincibility timer after spawning at any base
Game Balance ■ Resource Container limit increased from 4000 to 5000
■ 40mm Round now costs 120 Explosive Materials instead of 60 High Explosive Materials to produce
■ 75mm Round now costs 400 Explosive Materials instead of 200 High Explosive Materials to produce
■ Storm Rifles now cost 20 Refined Materials to produce
■ Production Parts are removed from the game
○ All vehicles that previously required Production Parts have their build cost changed from Basic Materials to Refined Materials (amount is equal to what their Production Parts used to cost). Exceptions to this are noted below:
○ Flatbed Truck no longer requires any Refined Materials to produce and cost is set 150 Basic Materials
○ Freighter no longer requires any Refined Materials to produce and cost is set to 175 Basic Materials
○ Armoured Car Refined Material cost increased from 25 to 40
○ Landing APC Refined Material cost increased from 15 to 20
■ Landing APC health increased by 100%
■ Half-Track health and damage increased by 20%
■ Increase Light Tank health by 20%
■ Resource container capacity increased to 5000
■ Gun Nest health decreased by further 15%
■ Home Region designs have been refreshed to provide a better experience for new players
○ Tutorial areas have been fully updated
○ More tools for players to help train new players
■ Spindly, leafless bushes no longer conceal.
■ Ambient SFX change depending on whether it's day or night time
■ Various SFX improvements
■ Full bug fix list coming in final release notes