Dev Branch is an experimental build that contains bugs and unfinished features. Please read the TESTING NOTES below to get a feel for things in the build that are known to be missing OR broken.
How to get the build
Go to the BETAS tab on the Foxhole Steam Properties window and select "devbranch -".
Select the LOCAL FILES tab and click "Verify Integrity of game files...".
On the "Join War" screen, select "DevBranch" from the drop down at the top right corner of the screen
Please post any bug reports or feedback to the devbranch-bugs channel on Discord. Do not report bugs that are already known issues. Release notes will be updated as new builds are applied to the branch. Thank you!
IMPORTANT: The following release notes are preliminary and in draft form. Some features/changes will change or be omitted before final release. KNOWN ISSUE: The new field weapons can not be pushed up steep slopes.
■ T20 “Ixion” Tankette
○ Class: Tankette
○ Faction: Colonial
○ A bombastic variant of the T12 Tankette, the “Ixion” provides its crew with more support and a mounted Infantry Support Gun. Added weight from the armour results in reduced overall speed.
■ King Gallant MK-II
○ Class: Scout Tank
○ Faction: Warden
○ A heavily armoured variant of the King Spire, the Gallant MK-II boasts a weighty 30mm cannon at the cost of top speed. ■ 68-45 “Smelter” Heavy Field Gun
○ Class: Field Gun
○ Faction: Colonial
○ Armed with heavy anti-tank rounds, the Smelter is perfect for engaging enemy armour. The frontal blast shielding providers operators with ample cover in heated skirmishes. ■ Balfour Rampart 40mm
○ Class: Field Gun
○ Faction: Warden
○ The Rampart is a high-velocity, anti-armour field cannon capable of dealing devastating damage to all but the heaviest armoured vehicles while providing its crew with comprehensive ballistic shielding.
Gameplay Changes ■ Garrison Houses are no longer unlocked in the tech tree and now require an upgrade at the Town Hall.
■ Warden O’Brien V.101 Freeman armoured car max range increased from 30m to 35m.
■ Colonial Catara mo.II light machine gun now uses 12.7 ammo. Maximum ammo capacity reduced from 30 to 25.
■ Vehicles turn rate is now also compromised to a similar amount as acceleration when tracked.
■ 13.5mm has been renamed to 20mm. ■ Gameplay in a region that has suffered a crash will be briefly paused to allow players to rejoin.
■ Warden Scout Tanks and the T20 "Ixion" commander positions now serve double duty as gunner. ■ All Field Weapons, (except Field Artillery), health has been buffed. ■ All Field Weapons, (except Field Artillery), gain +2x bonus from the Mass Production Factory.
■ Balfour Wolfhound 40mm and both factions Field Anti Tank weapons fire rates have been increased.
■ "The Pitch Gun" mc.V angle of fire reduced when fired from a vehicle.
■ Taswell Point’s Relic base in Westgate has been moved West and reduced in size to clarify ownership of Longstone’s Seaport. Taswell Point has been renamed Zeus’ Demise.
■ Ogmaran Seaport in The Moors has been relocated and an Observation Tower has been added.
■ Improved the chance of successfully vaulting out of some trenches. ■ Greater ease of player movement in poorly aligned tier 3 trench connectors.
■ No man’s land post processing effect dialed down at night to allow players to see. ■ Improved ease of use when interacting with bridges from a boat, specifically the White Whale. ■ Attempting to submit a large item to a full box will now give the error message “Inventory full” instead of “Item has been submitted.” ■ Warden rifle the No.2 Loughcaster model has been updated.
■ Warden Drummond Spitfire 100D, Colonial R-9 “Speartip” escort, and 00MS “Stinger” weapon mounts have been updated to be faction specific. ■ New player GUI info has been updated to correctly reflect the current control scheme.
■ Regiments in the F1 Regional Players List have been separated from player names column into their own column.
■ Client can crash when picking up packaged vehicles.
■ Free flying spectator camera. ■ Unauthorized players unpackaging crated reserve stockpile vehicles into the public stockpile.
■ Reservable assets in Shipping Containers can't be stockpiled into the public stockpile by using the submit driveway equipment button.
■ Vehicles destroying Fire Pits without actually running them over. ■ Warden White Ash anti-tank grenade poor hit registration on scout vehicles.
■ Tracked vehicles rotating into walls causing extreme changes to vehicle pitch.
■ Gates mysteriously appear to open all on their own. ■ One of, but not all of, the trench orientations causing a hole under the map.
■ Vehicles getting stuck driving over destroyed trench connectors. ■ Factory orders that are set to squad output will vanish and lock the player out of the Factory if the squad disbands. ■ Safe House provisional garrison will not activate local defenses when enough players have their spawn set. ■ Cascader 873 and Fuscina pi.I burst fire weapons firing sideways if the player turns while shooting.
■ Infantry rapidly losing stamina while sprinting on road surfaces. ■ Vehicles on Barge decks slipping or rotating on their own.
■ HE grenades dealing less damage when hitting the top of a bunker compared to the front.
■ Bane 45 twitching when aiming from a trench.
■ Trench connectors texture stretching across an entire region.
■ F1 Players List has low FPS for large regiments.
■ Votekicks do not work on players changing region. ■ Map Bugs
○ Umbral Wildwood: White Whale deploying directly onto the Seaport of Thunderfoot.
○ Oarbreaker Isles: island bushes flickering different shades of green. ○ Tempest Island: overlapping trees South of The Gale. ○ Heartlands: floating fence at Oleander Homestead. ○ Heartlands: fence tripping players at the front door of a Blemish Safe house. ○ The Linn of Mercy: cliff collision West of Outwich Ranch Safe House is larger than the cliff itself.