Dev Branch is an experimental build that contains bugs and unfinished features. Please read the TESTING NOTES below to get a feel for things in the build that are known to be missing OR broken.
How to get the build
Go to the BETAS tab on the Foxhole Steam Properties window and select "devbranch -".
Select the LOCAL FILES tab and click "Verify Integrity of game files...".
On the "Join War" screen, select "DevBranch" from the drop down at the top left corner of the screen
Please post any bug reports or feedback to the devbranch-bugs channel on Discord. Do not report bugs that are already known issues. Release notes will be updated as new builds are applied to the branch. Thank you!
IMPORTANT: The following release notes are preliminary and in draft form. Some features/changes will change or be omitted before final release.
Trench & Bunker System
■ New modular system for building Trenches & Bunkers
■ New Item: Shovel
○ Use the shovel to dig under the landscape to produce trenches and bunkers
■ New Modular Structure: Rifle Garrison (Tiers 1-3)
■ New Modular Structure: AT Turret (Tiers 2-3)
■ New Modular Structure: Engine Room (Tier 3)
○ Used to power your modular structures through the use of pipes.
■ New Modular Structure: Storm Cannon (Tier 3)
○ A powerful artillery capable of firing up to 650 meters away.
○ Requires tremendous power from connected Engine Rooms.
○ Large splash deviation, high damage
■ Bunker & Trench Mechanics
○ Upgrade your network with Barbed Wire, Pipes (Hold the ALT key to see the pipe network), Firing Ports, Doors, Bridges, and more.
○ Bunkers trade size for structural integrity that affects the overall durability of your creations.
○ Upgrade your base through 3 tiers.
○ Tier 1 is produced with no cost of resources, but must be dug out with the shovel. Any number of players can dig a single build site in parallel to get it done faster.
○ Tier 3 is very tough, but requires time for your concrete to 'settle'.
■ New Vehicle: Ambulance
○ Used for transporting Critically Wounded Soldiers from the frontline to the Hospital or Field Hospital.
○ Stacks all medical equipment and supplies
■ New Structures: Field Hospital, Hospital
○ The Hospital is a world-structure, and the Field Hospital is player-built.
○ Restores Critically Wounded Soldiers collected from the battlefield into usable Soldier Supplies.
■ New Weapon: Light Machine Gun
○ Can be fired while standing
○ Less Accuracy and smaller clip vs other Machine-Guns
■ New Deliverable: Concrete Mixer
○ Used to refine raw Components into Concrete for construction of high-level defences.
○ Constructed at the Construction Yard
○ Delivered and deployed via flatbed truck and crane.
■ New Large Item class. These are items too large to fit in your player's inventory, and must be carried over your shoulder.
■ First-Aid kits, grenades, satchel charges, and many other items that were previously invisible when holding them, are now visible on your character once equipped.
■ The Home Regions have been completely redesigned.
○ More training areas for you to rehearse your operations, plan your fortresses, or practice your abilities.
○ Clearer tutorial signage and updated tool-tips
○ More areas to deploy to the war so you can avoid the crowds (but not the queue!)
■ The Wounded Player timer has been increased to 30 seconds.
○ Wounded Players can now press E to 'give up' after 10 seconds.
■ When a player dies, there is a chance that they will become a Critically Wounded Soldier
○ Critically Wounded Soldiers can be placed into an Ambulance and delivered to a Hospital or Field Hospital in exchange for Soldier Supplies
■ Many weapons have received new visuals anre SFX, including the SMG and MG.
■ Three new types of Relic Bases have completely replaced forts in the game.
○ Very tough base-structures with fully fleshed out interiors.
○ Each base varies in size and toughness
○ Integrated AI defences.
■ Sandbags can now curve and snap together.
■ All Walls and Gates have received a visual overhaul, and can now snap together at the ends.
■ Suppression of AI Defences now works.
○ Shooting at AI defences suppresses them, and reduces their rate of fire or causes them to stop firing altogether.
○ Structures have different values of suppression. Some structures may take multiple players to completely suppress.
■ Squad window can now be minimized
○ More ways to sort your Squads window. ○ You can now kick offline squad members.
○ Squad members can now assign someone as squad leader if the squad leader is offline.
■ New lore has been added to the game. Happy Hunting
■ The output of all Resource Mines now scales with player population
■ Hammer now has an alternate fire mode (Press 'F') that is required to upgrade structures
○ Upgrade Mode also displays statistics for targeted structures like Health, Faction, etc
○ Upgrade Mode shows the original builder of a structure
■ Holding down the ALT key know reveals underground pipe networks
■ Barbed Wire collision has been changed so that slow movement is more consistent
■ Component and Sulfur fields now spawn every 6 hours (with some variance) instead of every 8 hours, resulting in a 33% increase in resources overall.
■ First-Aid Kits now require bandages to be used as ammunition to heal.
○ Bandages can still be used without a First-Aid Kit.
○ Bandages have been made lighter by 90%, and their crate size increased to 80.
■ Trauma Kits require a new, unstackable item called "Blood Plasma"
○ Blood Plasma is an unstackable item (stackable in Ambulance)
■ Sunken Pillboxes and Bunkers (Tier 4 walls) have been removed from the game.
■ Light Tanks have had their health increased by 20%, and their petrol consumption rate reduced by 15%
■ Battle Tanks have had their health increased by 10%.
■ Gun Nests have had their small arms and explosive damage mitigations reduced, and their health increased slightly.
■ Shotguns have had their range reduced by 50%
■ Revolvers have had their range reduced by 30%
■ Satchel Charge damage has been increased by 25%.
■ Speed on Trucks with low encumberance now travel 20% faster than a Truck that is over-encumbered.
■ All small arms and grenades now see the same distance when aiming (right clicking)
○ Except the sniper rifle, grenade launcher.
■ Range of the rifle has been reduced by 10%
■ Range of the carbine has been reduced by 7%
■ Many parts of the world have been altered slightly to open up more viable building areas.
○ Significant changes to Sickle Hill (Farrnac Coast), and the forests of Umbral Wildwood.
■ Fewer Bushes.
■ Improved interior lighting for some structures
■ Full bug fix list coming in final release notes