Dev Branch is an experimental build that contains bugs and unfinished features. Please read the TESTING NOTES below to get a feel for things in the build that are known to be missing OR broken.
How to get the build
Go to the BETAS tab on the Foxhole Steam Properties window and select "devbranch -".
Select the LOCAL FILES tab and click "Verify Integrity of game files...".
On the "Join War" screen, select "DevBranch" from the drop down at the top left corner of the screen
Please post any bug reports or feedback to the #development-branch channel on Discord. Do not report bugs that are already known issues. Release notes will be updated as new builds are applied to the branch. Thank you!
Due to the scope of changes across the maps, all map bugs should be submitted to this form
Dev Branch Differences
Blueprint print speed is significantly accelerated
○ A motorized boat for moving small groups of infantry across rivers and between islands
○ Includes 2 inventory slots
○ Roles: 1 driver, 2 passengers
○ Fastest water vehicle in the game
○ Can be currently built on beaches (wet sand surfaces)
○ Only available on Oarbreaker Isles, Fisherman's Row, and Tempest Island
■ Salvage Mines
○ Special variant of the Scrap Mine that produces Upgrade Parts
○ Salvage Mines currently exist on Fisherman's Row, Oarbreaker Isles, and Tempest Island
■ Oarbreaker Isles, Fisherman's Row, and Tempest Island have been redesigned
■ Oarbreaker Isles, Fisherman's Row, and Tempest Island are all connected to the mainland via border travel
Gameplay Changes and Features ■ Landing Craft and Motorboats can drive under all bridge types ■ Garrisoned Church structure has been updated with a new design
■ Structure build sites now decay
■ Changes to mitigate region lockdown (Region lockdown currently has serious implications on population flow and queues so several changes are being made to mitigate this scenario. We will continue to look for better ways to combat region lockdown in the future.)
○ Structures built near region borders incurs forced rapid decay
• Decay occurs at 3x rate and can't be prevented with Garrison Supplies
• This does not affect areas near towns, resources, or other areas of interest
○ An alert is no longer shown when a Fort is destroyed, attacked, or built
■ Revolver and Pistol stability time when going from full movement to stationary has been slowed down by ~35%
■ Fort, Scrap Mine, Field Base (Tier 2 FOB), and HE Grenade positions have all changed in the Conquest Tech Tree
■ Scrap and Sulfur Mines have been added to the Skirmish Tech Tree
■ Armoured Car health increased by 33%
■ Technology Part bonus is no longer granted at the Port Base during player imbalance situations
■ Server has received several optimizations that should reduce latency and slightly increase player capacity
■ A visibility status icon is shown on the top left corner of the HUD when the player is hidden in foliage
■ The text chat window can now be minimized for a larger view of the battlefield
■ The daily limit on the # of different players you can commend has been increased from 20 to 30
■ A new API has been to WarAPI for retrieving the current time/day
■ NOTE: This is a short list of bug fixes for 0.21. A lot more bug fixes will be documented in the final release notes.
■ Hammering activity gets "stuck" on servers with high tick times ■ Unclaimed Blueprints are sometimes lost when players are on the Home Region during a Home Region reset
■ Howitzer is difficult to aim due to the rotation getting "stuck" until a large change in targeting direction is made
■ Extra unintended Refinery exists in Weathering Halls in Weathered Expanse